Carnosine is a major intra-muscular buffer and some early studies have demonstrated that sprint-trained athletes have increased levels of carnosine as a result of their training. More recently, studies have shown that by ingesting beta-alanine over a period of a few weeks (normally 4-6 weeks), the muscle carnosine content increases significantly.
A question that often arises (as it should) concerns the likely side effects of taking beta-alanine. The only reported side effects are that of paraesthesia i.e. a feeling of tingling in the hands or fingers, or even nape of neck. This is temporary and usually addressed by taking lower doses spread over a day rather than a 3 gram dose at a single time, or a lower dose taken over a longer period of time.
If an athlete is engaged in any activities where lactic acid production is likely to occur and possibly hamper performance, then loading up with beta-alanine to enhance muscle buffer capacity and aid the performance should be seriously considered.
- Increases muscle carnosine levels
- Improves muscle buffering capacity
- Promotes sprint and power
- Helps athletes who are 'lactic acid producers'
Directions: Mix 1.5 grams (1/3 of a scoop) of beta alanine with 150ml of cold water or fruit juice and consume immediately.
Usage: Take 1-2 servings per day (1.5 - 3g).
Servings Per Container: 266
Produced in an environment that processes milk, egg, gluten, peanuts, nuts and soy.
- Not suitable for persons under 18 years of age
- Please consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medical condition
- If pregnant or lactating please consult your doctor prior to use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- For best before end date see back
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- May cause paraesthesia, ie a tingling or numbness of the skin, this is normal and will pass in time
|Information Based On: Unflavoured|
- Product Code: £0.09
- Reward Points: 72
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 2499