Glutamine is a major intramuscular amino acid which has an overall beneficial effect on gut health, the immune system, acid base balance and muscle protein synthesis. When an athlete puts their body under stress during intense exercise, the body cannot produce sufficient amounts of glutamine for its multiple uses within the body.
Glutamine has also been suggested to cause cell swelling by drawing water into the cell. Research has demonstrated that glycogen synthesis and the inhibition of protein breakdown can be mimicked by bringing about changes in cell volume. Promoting cell swelling also results in positive changes with regards to protein accretion.
Furthermore, studies using 0.3g/kg body weight per day of glutamine have demonstrated the efficacy on muscle function post-exercise, and suggested significantly reduced muscle recovery times and muscle soreness over a 3 day period. This clearly demonstrates the advantages of glutamine supplementation.
- Aids the immune system
- Stimulates protein accretion
- Promotes muscle recovery
- Promotes a healthy gut
Directions: Mix 1 scoop (5g) of Glutamine with 150ml of cold water or have it with your regular shake.
Usage: Take 1 - 2 servings per day. Take 1 serving immediately after exercise and/or 1 serving 30 minutes before exercise.
Produced in an environment that processes milk, egg, gluten, peanuts, nuts and soy.
- Please consult your doctor prior to use if you have a medical condition
- Not suitable for persons under 16 years of age
- If pregnant or lactating please consult your doctor prior to use
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and varied diet
- Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight
- For best before end date see back
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
|Information Based On: Unflavoured|
- Product Code: £0.22
- Reward Points: 51
- Availability: In Stock
- Price in reward points: 1799